10 years ago - I was in high school (a Junior), was # 36 on the Varsity Volleyball team, which was a number I chose because the guy I had a crush on had the same number for football. And I actually thought he didn't notice!
8 years ago - I was a freshman in college, going to a local JC and working my first job in a Mexican restaurant (YUMMY!--Oh, and I subsequently gained 10 pounds thanks to their BBQ Chicken Burrito). Also learned how to snowboard and spent pretty much my entire income from the restaurant on trips to Lake Tahoe--love that place.
4-7 years ago - Living in Los Angeles where I went to college. Had more FUN than ever in my whole life up to that point. It was like camp, 24/7. Also had my heart broken for the first time.
2 years ago - Was living in Huntington Beach and teaching high school PE. Just the summer before, ran into Husby (Jeff) who had been a childhood friend (since age 8--we used to play fort and ride bikes together every day after school. Our parents still live 3 houses down from eachother) and sparks flew (got engaged 5 months later)!
Now- Just had our 1 year anniversary, working for an Advertising Agency and living w/my parents to save up for a house.
Five yummy things:
1) Sushi and a Sapporo
2) Mango MOCHI ice cream (Try it! You can get it at Trader Joe's)
3) Magic Cookie Bars
4) Starbucks Verona coffee with cream and a Fudge Graham Zone Bar
5) Blue cheese & garlic chips from Pyramid Brewery
Five songs I know by heart:
1) I Want You (Bob Dylan)
2) Zombie Zoo (Tom Petty)
3) Up Town Girl (Billie Joel)
4) The entire Grease soundtrack
5) The entire Little Mermaid soundtrack
Five things I would do with a lot of money:
OOOh, this one's fun! Hope it's okay that I'm translating "a lot" to "unlimited"
1) Buy a Villa on Lake Como, Italy with a view like this.
2) Buy a jet w/pilot to take me and Jeff from Lake Como to the U.S. whenever we want.
3) Buy Nordstrom (with unlimited rights to all the clothes/makeup/shoes/bags in stock)
4) Spoil all my family and friends
5) Start Christian schools in poor African and Asian countries.
Five places I would to escape to:
1) Manhattan--lovelovelove it there!
2) Prince Edward Island (where Anne of Green Gables was filmed)
3) Highlands Inn, Carmel (where we got married...SO gorgeous!)
4) Switzerland (the Alps!)
5) A yacht in Italy (think "The Talented Mr. Ripley")
Five things I would never wear:
1) Leggings with a baggy sweatshirt
2) Just a sports bra with spandex shorts to the gym
3) Anything Cher or Beyonce Knowles would wear
4) A leather jacket any color other than black or brown
5) High Tops
Five favorite TV shows:
1) Grey's Anatomy
3) Sex and the City
4) Hannity and Combs on Fox News
5) Talk Soup
Five things I enjoy doing:
1) Sleeping in with Jeff then going to Starbucks together
2) Playing card games and scrabble with my sisters and mom
3) Hanging out/water skiing/tubing at my family's lake house
4) Decorating our Christmas tree with a cup of "Adult Hot Chocolate" and christmas music in the background
5) Playing the piano
Five Favorite toys:
2) The Infiniti G35 we're buying next month (does that count??)
3) My two kitties Gracie and Cali
4) The Internet (new-found-fun w/my blogs!)
5) Jeff (I hate to be unoriginal but it's true)
Five people who get this meme:
This is hard, as I don't know of ANYONE on here yet who hasn't already been Memed (How sad!). Give me more time and I will. Here's sweet Janet who helped me earlier today.